Monday, June 5, 2017

Summer Time!

It's not officially summer just yet, but the boys are done with school and it's been so hot lately that it really feels like summer!  Ben made his summer bucket list weeks ago and he has been itching to check things off.  ("Where's the bucket though, momma?")  Once upon a time, I updated this blog after every weekend.  I really enjoyed doing that, but I obviously could not keep up.  I don't know if it's realistic to say I am going to do that again, but I will try and post more frequently than once a quarter. :)

Ben had his last day at his other school last week.  He's grown so much this past year.  They sang a little song where each kid had to say a little solo.  He was second in line and hadn't been singing the refrain at all, so I was thinking he would remain silent when it was his turn.  Much to my surprise, he said his part loud and clear!  I was so proud of him.   I couldn't find the chalkboard in the before school rush, but he posed so nicely regardless.



The boys started summer break off right on Friday while Andy and I were at work.   Our sweet nanny sent a ton of pictures of the fun.  Not quite as good as being right in the action, but the next best thing. ;)




We started our weekend with dinner at one of our favorite outdoor seating locales.  Warm weather, good friends, live music, and a little vino are all ingredients for a perfect night!  We topped it off with some ice cream so the boys were happy campers.




I had to go in to work for a bit on Saturday morning.  The boys went to Andy's parents for lunch, and I went out with some of my co-workers.  It seems like we were all just pregnant together, and now we have 15 month, 12 month, and 9 month old baby girls!  G apparently likes Mexican food.  Woohoo!  I can't get enough of her eating.  It's so fun!



It was really hot on Saturday, so we went to the pool for the first time this year!  They renovated the kiddie pool, and it was perfect for my 3 fishes.  Ben starts swimming lessons in a few weeks, so it will be interesting to see how he does.  He is a bit scared of the water right now!  I think I should sign Joshy up too!  He had so much fun swimming and as soon as we got home he said, "I want to go swimming again." Genevieve loved the pool too!  She was a little crawling fish in the water.  




We did a little shopping after church on Sunday.  We are always on the look out for fun things for our new house.   We stopped at a consignment store that had 2 of the cutest little school desks!  Ben looked like the sweetest little school boy.  How could we pass them up??


We didn't have any set plans for the rest of the afternoon, but we wanted to do something outside.  However, we quickly realized that it was too hot for that so we opted for dinner indoors.  Everyone ate well so it was a good meal in my book!



And last but not least, Andy and I had a mini date night after the kiddos were sleeping.  We gotta take advantage of the live-in childcare while we have it!  Groceries and drinks (outside!) because we could. :)


Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment